Chevrolet has revealed the ALL NEW Chevy Camaro Six. It’s the sixth generation Camaro and truly all new with only 2 parts carrying over from the previous generation.Those parts by the way, are the bowtie emblem on the back and the SS badge, that’s it. Everything else has been built from the ground up using the new Alpha platform.
The full press release is below. But a few highlights are it’s performance options, looks, and technology, over the last gen.
First is performance. This new Camaro went on a diet and gets six brand new combinations for the powertrain.
- Depending on which trim level you get, the car lost 200 or more pounds. That is huge in the world of sports cars. Especially with more and more technology being added to cars these days.
- There are 3 engines available ranging from the most fuel efficient Camaro engine ever to the most powerful Camaro SS engine ever. These are mated to either a 6 speed manual or an 8, yes that’s right, an 8 speed automatic transmission.
- 2.0L Turbo Charged Inline 4 Cyl engine with 275 hp & 295 lb-ft of torque while achieving over 30 MPG and 0-60 way under 6 seconds.
- 3.6L V6 with direct injection, continuously variable valve timing and even Active Fuel Management, AKA – Cylinder Deactivation. (A first for the Camaro.) All this to be leaner and meaner with highest output any NON turbo or super charged 6 cylender engine in the segment at 335 hp & 284 lb-ft of tourque.
- 6.2L LT1 direct-injected small block V8 with 455 hp & 455 lb-ft of torque. Again, making it the most powerful SS ever.
Second is looks. The exterior is chiseled and sculpted for a more athletic look. Chevy added 10 outside colors and 5 inside color combinations. Inside they eliminated the need for regular heat and AC controls with control rings around the center air vents themselves. Plus Chevy added interior lighting options. (More on that below.)
Third is technology. Cars have been gaining more and more tech these days. And the new Camaro is no different. From function to fun, here is just a taste of the new tech.
- Drive Mode Selector. This takes 8 of the car’s attributes and tailors them to 4 driving modes. Those are Snow/Ice, Tour, and Sport modes on all models. Plus Track settings on the SS models.
- Interior Spectrum Lighting. Something only Chevy has in this segment by offering 24 ambient lighting effects on the dash, door panels, and center console.
- HD Color Displays. These are configured to your taste and information needs. Plus, there is an option for dual 8″ screens.
When all is said and done, the all new 2016 Chevrolet Camaro is a fantastic evolution to the iconic Camaro heritage and it will be a truly exciting car to see when it shows up on our lot here at Christenson Chevrolet located at 9700 Indianapolis Blvd Highland, IN 46322.
Here is the link to the full GM Press release:www.christensonchevy.com Hours & Directions Contact Us